OHIF-v3architecture has made OHIF a general purpose extensible medical imaging platform, as opposed to a configurable viewer.
What's new in
OHIF-v3 is our second try for a React-based viewer, and is the third version
of our medical image web viewers from the start. The summary of changes include:
- Addition of workflow modes
- Often, medical imaging use cases involves lots of specific workflows that re-use functionalities. We have added the capability of workflow modes, that enable people to customize user interface and configure application for specific workflow.
- The idea is to re-use the functionalities that extensions provide and create a workflow. Brain segmentation workflow is different from prostate segmentation in UI for sure; however, they share the segmentation tools that can be re-used.
- Our vision is that technical people focus of developing extensions which provides core functionalities, and experts to build modes by picking the appropriate functionalities from each extension.
- UI has been completely redesigned with modularity and workflow modes in mind.
- New UI components have been built with Tailwind CSS
- Redux store has been removed from the viewer in favour of services backed by React's Context API
Below, you can find the gap analysis between the
|Rendering of 2D images via Cornerstone||✅|
|2D Tools via CornerstoneTools||✅|
|OpenID Connect standard authentication flow for connecting to identity providers||✅|
|Drag/drop DICOM data into the viewer (see https://viewer.ohif.org/local)||✅|
|White-labelling: Easily replace the OHIF Logo with your logo||✅|
|DICOM Whole-slide imaging viewport||🔜||In Progress|
|IHE Invoke Image Display - Standard-compliant launching of the viewer (e.g. from PACS or RIS)||🔜||Not Started|
|DICOM PDF support||🔜||Not Started|
|Displaying non-renderable DICOM as HTML||🔜||Not Started|
|Segmentation support||🔜||Not Started|
|RT STRUCT support||🔜||Not Started|
|DICOM upload to PACS||🔜||Not Started|
|Google Cloud adapter||🔜||Not Started|
|VTK Extension + MIP / MPR layout||❌||Other plans that involves amazing news soon!|
|UMD Build (Embedded Viewer).||❌||The problem is that this breaks a bunch of extensions that rely on third party scripts (e.g. VTK) which have their own web worker loaders.|